Mojitos are always a good idea. We love the citrus buzz of the traditional Cuban cocktail, but if you have the option to give it a summer spin with watermelon, why on Earth not?!
- 2 thick slices fresh watermelon
- 6 ounces light rum
- ¼ cup simple syrup
- 3 limes, juiced
- 15 fresh mint leaves, coarsely torn by hand
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and place in a food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Use a mortar and pestle to mash the mint leaves and put them in a pitcher.
- Add the puréed watermelon, rum, syrup, and lime juice.
- Serve over ice and garnish with extra mint leaves.