This Chicken Liver Pâté goes great on toast or with your favorite crackers. Elevate your snacking game with this simple but delicious recipe.
- 1 pound of chicken liver
- 1/2 a cup of unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- A dash of brandy
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 a cup heavy cream
- Crackers of your choice
- Clean and trim the chicken livers, ensuring a velvety texture. Set aside in a bowl. Meanwhile, in a medium pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Sauté finely chopped onions and minced garlic until lightly brown.
- Add your chicken livers to the pan. Brown them on the outside while keeping a slight pinkness inside. Add a splash of brandy, allowing it to simmer until the alcohol evaporates. Sprinkle dried thyme, salt, and black pepper over the livers. Simmer until fully cooked, infusing the flavors.
- Transfer the cooked mixture to a food processor. Add the remaining butter and heavy cream. Blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spoon the pâté into a dish, smoothing the top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the flavors meld. Before serving, let the pâté come to room temperature. Arrange your favorite crackers alongside for a fantastic pairing.
- You can also drizzle melted butter, a sprinkle of fresh thyme, or cracked black pepper for an elegant touch.